Friday, March 18, 2011

Parte TRES!! (Yeah, I'm learning some Spanish!)

Our first Port of Call was in Puerta Vallarta. We went on the "Extreme Canopy Adventure", and it was muy fun! Puerta Vallart was beautiful! When we first got off the ship, we found our tour guide dude, then headed to find los banos. We took a few pictures then said goodbye to Donna, Ralph, Ralph, and dad.

We met back up with the rest of the tour group and they took us to a speed boat. We road the speed boat over to a small city off of Puerta Vallarta called Boca de Tomatlan. After a 25 minute speed boat ride, we loaded into bright yellow army trucks. When the guy was asking for group numbers, we told him we had 9 and he was stunned. He instantly started calling us the trouble makers, and the nickname stuck the rest of the day with everyone that helped us.


We were not able to take our cameras on the actual adventure because there is so many things that we are doing. It would be so hard to have to worry about personal belongings. After a quick training, we all got set in our harnessess, then headed off to find our mules. We were trained on how to ride these mules, and they reminded us that these mules are spanish mules... not American ones. They do not understand "Oh, Oh, Oh." or "Whoa!", but they must be kissed. That is how they will know to go. After our mule ride, we were officially introduced to our tour crew. We got very lucky with our group! They were awesome!! ... not to mention, all of the boys were very good-looking... But they were funny, and made us all feel safe and brave as we took each leap off the edge. After 10 zip-lines, 1 assisted repel, and 1 free-fall repel, we took a short hike back to the starting point.

We road the army truck back down into town we met back up with the starter of the "Trouble-Makers" nickname, Thomas Cruizo (directly translated, Tom Cruise.)

As we left Boca de Tomatlan, everyone was telling us to keep an eye out for whales because this would be when we would see them. I wasn't really thinking much about it. I was just trying to hold on. Next thing I know, there are 2 whales right by us! They were so extremely close. The boat driver told us it was a mom and child. They were huge humpback whales!! They shut off the boat and we floated out there with these two whales for what felt like forever. It was way neat, but I have never been that scared in my life! I was terrified! So I didn't get very good pictures because I had my head burried between my knees and was holding my camera in the air just shooting away. I told my mom multiple times to take the camera, but she was so fascinated she didn't even hear me.

The boys all loved Marta, she was one of our crew members. She road the army truck and speed boat back with us to Puerta Vallarta and these boys were in heaven the whole time! She is way out of their league though... She has two kids, both teenagers.


No comments:

Post a Comment