Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Extreme Make-over "Room Edition"

For my birthday, my mom asked me what I wanted and the biggest thing on my mind was a new dresser. I've had the same dresser since I was 4 years old. Over the years, I have grown and so have my clothes. I was getting to the point that I could hardly fit socks and underwear in it anymore. We started looking on KSL and in the process decided that my whole room was ready for a make-over as well.As you can tell, the bright green and clutter really needed to take a hike. I didn't realize how bad it was until I was trying to fit all of my stuff from school back into my already small room. (I do feel that I should clarify a little bit. The mess shown in this picture was a result of moving stuff back in from my apartment and moving stuff into D.I bags.)We looked and looked, argued, made a decision, sat on the fence if that was really what I wanted, then looked some more, tried to figure out how to do it, and finally we just did it! I found a way cute dresser and after a long weekend of working on it, Shaylee and I began the big bedroom makeover.This is my new dresser! I LOVE IT!! I have so so so much room! All of my clothes fit so nicely, there is plenty of extra space! I can now fit all of my t-shirts into ONE drawer, WITH enough room for more shirts! It started out white, and after a lot of sanding, glazing, re-sanding, and glazing we ended up with my favorite part of my room! This picture does not do it justice! It really is way way cute!! When I graduated high school, my grandma made me a quilt. I've had the quilt on my bed since then and so when I was choosing a color scheme I knew I wanted to be able to still use the quilt. I needed to tone down A LOT after my bright green, but I still wanted something more than just white. Once again, the picture isn't the best representation of the color. It is a light pastel yellow. and it makes my closet-sized room look HUGE!! Which is such a huge bonus!!

Obviously I still have yet to hang my magnet board, but it will go up if my dad ever gets around to it. We also antiqued my old nightstand to match my new dresser. I love it, it doesn't even look like the old one. And I can't make up my mind on which design, but hopefully I will soon. I want to put a vinyl design above my bed, possibly coming from the corner. I have looked around and found so many cute ones and I just can't make a decision!

No comments:

Post a Comment