Well I have made a goal for myself not to gain the freshman 15! Well half way through the semester I can happily say that I am doing a decent job of it. However, I am losing muscle so it is beginning to be hard to hold the belly a little more flat but that is all about to change.
A few weeks ago I finally buckled down and bought a gym membership. $40 was hard to part with so that is why it has taken so long. But over the past few weeks I have began to regain my claim to being inshape!
On Friday, the doctor told me I could "lightly jog" haha so I have been running and working my legs. Because I can not use my shoulder until January all of my focus has been on running, legs, and abs. So because of that my legs have been so sore and trying to jump on a 5 ft. tall bed with sore legs is not an easy thing to do!
*Well anyways the reason I am posting this is because it feels great! I have missed being sore (I know that sounds odd, but to a drill teamer they will completely understand where I am coming from)!!! It is rejuvenating for me and this week has went by a lot faster with working out everyday. So look at that working out is a POSITIVE thing in more than one way. 1) I am getting inshape again 2) Soon I will feel as strong mentally and physically as I did 3 months ago 3) I was able to completely finish my essay that was causing writers block after a good workout at the gym AND LAST BUT DEFINATLY NOT LEAST 4) This semester will be over before I know it (and that is something that will be a great blessing in my life)! So yay for exercise!
So today as I was stretching I noticed the formation of blisters on my feet. This excited me beyond explanation! I have always had what I like to call "dancer feet" aka calusses (that is totally wrong spelling). So with this new realization it made me feel successful! I am making HEADWAY into my goal and what will help me through this time in my life!
So next time you readers (whoever you are because I still don't know who knows about this) see me I will be buff (well my legs will be because I cannot do upperbody stuff yet) I will have a big smile on my face, and I will be so excited about each new milestone I have hit and each new mountain that I have climbed.
Whether this climb is what I would have chose for myself or not it is one the Lord chose for me. I know I am HERE for a reason. Watever that reason and when I will find out is an absolute mystery to me, but it will come and I know that I will understand why I was meant to be in Cedar City Utah, more than 2 hours away from everything that is me! I know the reason will come and I know that it will be a huge part in my life and a huge part of who I will become as a teacher and for that I am grateful!

Talysha, Good for you! Good for you for a lot of things; 1. For having a great attitude! 2. For your quest to get (better) shape and fight against the freshman fifteen 3. For being such a sweetie!
ReplyDeleteOh Talysha...our gym adventures are fun things! Every time we go, I feel awkward and out of shape! Ha and every time you go without me because I have to freaking work I am so mad! But I only work once this week so I am going with you and we are going to be freaking skinny, hot, working out roommates! Woo!
ReplyDelete