Monday, October 26, 2009

A tribute to the fam! and Carving pumpkins+apple=fun filled FHE!!!

Well lately I have been thinking alot about how proud I am to be a part of the family that I am a part of. Not just my immediate, but my extended as well! I am so blessed to have each of them in my life. A few things recently have happened that helps me to be even more proud of them!!


1) My dear cousin and "cousin-in-law" Kylee and Connor were sealed for time and all eternity last Saturday! I am so proud of them! They are such a cute family and they deserve the best the Lord has to offer them so I am very proud of them for preparing and going to the temple! Love you guys!

2) My younger, very talented cousin Tevan has his football pads and helmet back on after almost the whole season. He thinks that I do not care or like him but I do like him a little haha. No, really I am very proud of him! The time and effort he puts into being the best at football is amazing. He loves it and I am proud of how well he does. I watched him play last Friday, even through the loss, he did an AMAZING job. Good Job TEVAN!!! Good luck Friday, I wish I could come watch!!! Play each game as if it were your last because high school sports end quickly and it is wonderful to look back on them with no regrets!!! Love ya cuz!! ( I didn't have a pic of him playing football, so I found this on his mom's facebook... He's advertizing for Juab Football so it works right?)
3) My twin, my backbone, my strength, my consultant, my agent, my "accountant", my little sister, MY BEST FRIEND!!! Shaylee K. Young will be my final example of my amazing family for the evening! We have a battle going to be more healthy by the time I move back home for winter break... As of now, I believe I am losing. She will probably deny this and get mad, but she is looking HOT!! haha, she has lost alot of weight already and we have been in this competition for almost a month! I love her so much and I am proud that we do everything together! She is my best friend, I tell her everything and she is who I run to for advise about the opposite sex (pathetic right? she is 15, she should be coming to me. But our relationship does not work that way because I have ZERO experience so I stick with her advise). Love ya bug!!! You are the best in the world!!!Well there is so much more, I could go on and on and on about my family! They are great and I love spending time with them!!! Around this time of year the few times we see everyone is up at the potato patch digging, sorting, throwing in buckets, bagging, tying, and finally distributing them! :) I love it and I truly am greatful for the love, support, and fun times that come from each of them!!! I am blessed to have the family I have, and to have such a close and loving one at that!! I love you all!!! And thank-you, I owe it to you for the person I am today, and the person I will be as I continue on in life!!


Now onto the eventful day in the life of Talysha DeAnn and Jessica Janae! Today is Monday! The most productive day of our weeks. We love FHE and the friends we are making there. But today was a little different because not only FHE had us smiling. We went to Walmart earlier where the wind picked up just a little more than expected and the next thing I knew, Jessica was chasing down her purchased goods, while I was left standing in the middle of the road laughing very hard to myself! After that, we headed to the gym. The gym is an enjoyable place for multiple reasons! One being the Men that we seem to find there. No, we do not talk to them... We simply acknowledge them from a distance (this is not called stalking... it is called taking in my surroundings). Each time we go, we find a few cute guys and I don't know about Jessica, but it makes me less tired while running because mentallity is positive :) Upon returning home from the beloved haven of men, Leila offered to cook us a meal! For this I am thankful, because she did an EXCELLENT job!!! I have never had Fried Potatoes that tasted so good!!! So thank-you muchly Leila!!

That was just the beginning of the evening... So for FHE we were carving pumpkins. We ventured to Lin's to purchase some wonderful soon-to-be Jack-o-laterns and found a very small selection! We made due with what we could find and Jessica found a beautiful pumpkin for our carving festivities!!!


As we got to the church a young gentlemen was following us to the door. He kindly tried to squeeze ahead of us to open the door for us... in doing so, however, he ended up biffing it up the stairs. It was nice, sad, and funny all at once. Once inside we crafted beautiful Jack-o-laterns!!! Everyone was jealous of our art work I am sure of it :) Jessica's is the one on the left, mine is the one on the right.
Following pumpkin carving, we played a game where you pass an apple in a line of people using only you neck... This is an awkward game anywhere, but at the church with the bishop ric and good-looking RM's... you can imagine it would be slightly odd. Well it was alot of fun, and our team won 2 TIMES in a ROW!!! Yeah, go us!!! On the few times I have played this game, it has been played with an orange, but tonight we played using an apple. So we now know each other a little bit more haha. Monday's are great days and I enjoy starting the weeks not sitting around wishing to be social!!! Yay for fun-filled Mondays!!!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my best day of my life! Not only was I running and screaming down the walmart parking lot chasing after my practically empty bag and go the ugliest pumpkin on the face of the earth, I totally forgot about the guy falling up the stairs! So great! and the whole apple thing was just awful...hey ty you are super hot...want to drop and apple down my shirt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This whole evening was successful for sure!!! You sound extremely dirty! But it was a hilarious game for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Talysha! I ran into your blog, and I just wanted to say that you are adorable! Looks like things are really working out for you. I know it is so hard being away from home, but you will grow in ways you can't any other way. Anyways... I hope all is well!

    -Keena (Casper) Harris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Keena! Thank-you so much! Everything is looking up right now, so it is all going good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Talysha!
    Where in the world have I been? I had no idea you had a blog! I feel horrible!! That was such a cute post and very sweet what you said about me! It was a great day...the best day of my life!!! How is school going?! It looks like you are having a lot of fun!
    I loved the pictures you sent me a couple weeks ago with Nixon! It looked like he had fun hanging out with all you gals! Well I'm heading down to Nephi in a bit so I MAY or MAY NOT see you. (I'm not sure if you are coming up this weekend) Anyways I'm glad I know you have a blog now because I will be checking it often! Hope all is well! Love ya lots!

    ReplyDelete