Sunday, January 10, 2010

Take Two... AND ACTION!

Well this post will be only words because I am a slacker on the camera end and haven't taken any pics since coming back down here. I have successfully made it through my first week for the Spring Semester. It is quite disapointing knowing that all week I have had a truck load of homework and all of my friends don't start back til tomorrow (excluding those of you at UVU).
I am taking some harder classes and I have a full schedule (18 credits... AAHH!) this semester. I have two math classes (yikes), two ridiculous SUU requirement courses- Computer Systems IS (it is CSIS, and I don't rightly know what the IS part stands for haha, it might help to know but hey it is only the first week so I still have 15 weeks to figure it out), Library Media. Next I have a dreaded science class, I have never been too swell in the science area so stay tuned to find out more on if I make it through "How the Earth Works Lab" haha. So far we have just identified some rock samples and we got to use all of our notes and work in groups so it wasn't too rough. Hopefully it will continue to be like that :)... I am taking a photography class, I am excited for it but also kinda nervous. So I will probably be posting some assignments on here to get some feed back from the few people who actually know this blog is around. My last 3 credits are a Jazz class and Circuit weight training.
It feels SO great to actually use my arm again, to slip my gores back on my feet, and just forget everything for a few hours to get back out on the floor once again. When you do something like dance for over 15 years, it is hard to let it go so I am SO grateful to be able to dance again this semester.
As far as weight training, I feel so strong because I can finally lift 20 whole pounds with about 30 reps! haha but the downfall is, is that no one knows that I just barely got the ok to lift again so as I sit at a machine grinning ear to ear about the amount I am lifting the very good looking and buff men waiting to use the machine next look at me like I am a freak smiling about a WHOLE 20 lbs! This fact actually kinda makes me smile even more and I don't really know why haha.
Well to sum it up, this semester is going to be packed full of homework (judging by this first week, it is pretty much going to consume my life), regaining strength, and many other adventures.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my dear Talysha...I miss you guys so much! I am so jealous of your jazz class! I went to class at my studio that i went to like my whole life and it was so fun but it would be way more fun if I had a friend like Talysha in there! I hope your classes are all going good!

    ReplyDelete