Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Ok I realize I am a day late but I couldn't post yesterday because I was spending time with my wonderful family!

I just wanted to wish all the women in my life a happy mother's day! Not only my aunts, grandmas, and my mom but all of you wonderful women who have at some point or another taught me and lead me as if I were one of your own. You should know who you are and I thank each of who for helping me throughout my life, and for all of your support in future endeavors.
To my aunts: Thank-you for your support, your prayers, and your love through my ups and downs. Thank-you for your examples and for the families you have each raised. Many times I forget that you guys are "extended" family because I feel so close to you and your families that I feel that we are more like "immediate" than "extended" family!

To my Grandma Red: I love you! Thank-you for teaching me things about sewing and letting me share that passion with you! Thank-you for the rides to Nephi and back when I didn't have my license! Thank-you for the great memories of Elementary school and being the awesome Grandma Red who became a grandma to everyone of my friends! Thank-you for your cheering voice all through high school! Thank-you for your strength and testimony of the gospel! Thank-you for raising my mom to be the lady she is today, for raising her to be the mother she is! Thank-you for raising your other daughters, they are great aunts and role models!

To my Grandma Susie, Grandma Mansfield, and Grandma LaVern: I love you three! I know I am being watched over by some really amazing ladies! I miss you all and I am excited for the day to meet with you all again! I am grateful for your influences and for the children you raised who have shown me such a great example in my life!

So since this post is about "Mother's Day" I want to end it with a thank-you to my BEAUTIFUL best friend! Mom I love you! Thank-you for all of the love and support you have shown to me throughout my life! Thank-you for supporting my decisions and helping me to achieve my goals! The person I am today and the person I will become in the future is a result of your love! Thank-you for being my best friend! Thank-you for talking to me about anything and everything, thank-you for my smiles, tears, and stomach aches from laughing so hard when we are on our random kicks! Thank-you for your example, for raising me in the gospel, thank-you for showing me the importance of making my own decisions rather than waiting for others to tell me what to do! Thank-you for being easy to tease and for being laid-back enough to tease us right back without hesitation! Thank-you for putting up with my tears and sadness, striving with me through my joys and smiles, and pushing forward with me to my future! I love you and I am so so so blessed to have you as my mom and best friend! You mean the world to me and you are the GREATEST mom in the universe!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much, this was a great mother's day tribute. I'm just a little late in getting it read. You are awesome and one day you will take all of the influences of the mom's in your life and you will become a great mom yourself. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete