**"Teacher! My mom and dad are at work today! Where are your mommy and daddy?"
my reply, "My mom and dad are at work too."
To which she replied, "psh" (with a very attitude feeled roll of the eyes) then walked away.
**"Teacher, where are your kids?"
me"I don't have any kids yet, I don't even have a husband yet."
Then they stare back confused. (This makes me ask myself... Do I look old enough to have kids? Are these kids mocking me because I am still just little? They don't believe me that I do not have children.)
**"Teacheh (that's how Faith says it), come watch me, come watch me! Come down the slide with me!"
"You want me to climb up there and slide down with you?"
Faith"NO! You are old! You can't climb up and slide duh!!"
(So this means that because I am "old" aka ONLY 19 I cannot have fun and go down slides?!? What is this world coming to? haha)
**This one has been my favorite so far. The first few days were really cold so I had a jacket on. One day I rolled up my sleeves to wash my hands and I didn't realize I was being watched until a little boy behind me gasped and then suddenly said, "YOU HAVE BOY ARMS!" To which I simply just looked at him because I didn't know what to say at that point. He began to get a little confused and started to question me.
"Wait teacher, aren't you a girl?"
"yes"
"Are you a boy or girl teacher? because now I don't know."
"I am a girl"
"but you have boy arms.."
"I know"
"Are you sure you aren't a boy?? You really look like you could be a boy..."
"I am a girl, I promise"
"O ok, but you DO have boy arms."
So many other things have been said or happened but I will share other ones throughout the summer as well as whatever new ones come up.
haha oh my goodness funny! you are pretty old and have pretty manly arms...i love children! When I taught dance they would always look so confused when I told them I didn't have kids, hello I was only 16!
ReplyDeleteHa Ha, you have such a great job! Poor, confused children.
ReplyDeleteThat is a VERY good thing to LOVE your job! It sounds like you are such a fun "teacheh"! I have always wondered about those boy arms! haha KIDDING!!!!
ReplyDelete