Thursday, April 22, 2010

Goodbye Cedar City!!

This first year has come and gone,
at times it flew by fast.
At times it drug on and on.
We started last Fall with 6
then 5, and 4, now with 3 left,
We truly made a nice mix!
Friendships were formed and strengthened,
even with ups, downs, through good and bad
we learned to break and bend.
Goodbye to the 25th ward.
Thank-you for the friends and great lessons,
and the Mondays, I was never bored.
Goodbye smelly gross Ojio and Moo!
You were cute for 5 minutes,
but I am done putting up with you!
Goodbye hotel lobby living room!
I spent many lonely hours with you,
many times you felt like the Twilight Zones doom!
My dear "tile with a scrape of something"
you turned my socks gray,
and the many times I fell, you left my hurting!
Desk, you will truly be missed.
I enjoyed the long hours of company
while I contemplated my "to do list."
Peace out Statistics,
at times you were so hard,
it felt like banging my brain with sticks!
Goodbye tall, dangerous bed!
I fell off of you so many times,
it is a miracle I have no damage to my head.
Goodbye campus built up on a hill,
the extra stairs and morning climbs
kept off the freshman 15, but still?!?
My favorite place of all,
Goodbye fitness center.
You will be replaced this fall.
Peace out Shaggy and Fred,
you never knew us, but..
You loved us in our head! :)
Sister Cox, thank-you!
I learned so much about the prophets,
history of the church, and me too.
Sayonara dependency of my phone.
You were my true lifeline but
I will no longer need you at home!
Goodbye sleepless nights,
I don't have to handle you
or have our late night fights!
Against all odds I did survive,
You'll be missed T-birds and friends!
Goodbye for good Eccles C 405!

3 comments:

  1. you forgot to say "goodbye intermediate jazz... i won't miss you" haha good luck with everything Talysha! Keep in touch k?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are my exact thoughts! Holy cow that freaks me out!!! I really do miss it sometimes! Of course I could have added like ten more paragraphs on Mr. Jack and how he is the love of my life, but Im sure you could have done that as well! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I left out quite a bit of things to say goodbye too. But I will definatly not miss Jazz or the crazy combination! I will :)
    Jess, that is crazy! Well I figured I couldn't have Fred and Mr. Jack involved... It might get a little crazy that way!

    ReplyDelete