Friday, August 6, 2010

My Circus..


A few weeks ago at Daycare, our theme was "Circus, Circus, Circus" and it kind of got me thinking of my great summer, and how at some points I truly felt like my life was a Circus.
In the middle of June we were informed that the hospital had decided to close the daycare down. After many tears and a long meeting all of us still wanted more answers, we wanted them to reconsider the options. Their minds were made up and we were given two weeks. The following day we got an extension to the end of July and then Friday of that week we were told we would be staying open until August 31st due to the community uproar that somehow they didn't see coming at them with such force. I am devastated that this great facility will be closing, and I will miss each of these kids, and the individuals I have been blessed to work with. My boss is truly one of the most amazing individuals I have ever met and I am truly grateful for getting to know her. I hope that sometime soon the individuals who made this decision will realize what a great thing they gave up on. The kids that go out there are amazing and they are each so special and have so much goodness to offer to the world. I am excited to see them grow and to watch for them as they are older and they do great things with their lives.
These kids in this photo are super special to me! I have had the great opportunity to work with them everyday this summer. They are incredible! And even though at times they are little devil children, I have grown to love each of them! They always keep me on my toes and I have learned to have "eyes in the back of my head" like mothers have. So I suppose when the day comes for me to have children of my own, I will not have to master that concept of motherhood. According to these kids, however, I will not be having kids for a VERY long time. They are so encouraging :) They will go far in life I believe, and I already made a deal with Koda that when he becomes an amazing policemen he will not arrest me or pull me over for speeding. I think I have it made with the future of law enforcement haha.
One of the items on our St. George Treasure/Scavenger hunt.
At times this summer I have felt like all I do is work, work, work. But as I look back, I have had a tremendous summer full of new things, old things, and some interesting things. I was finally allowed to go on the "Girl's Trip" to St. George, and it was so good to go and just chill with all the aunts (Shari is included here) and Jam and Shayda. I was called as our ward's Girl's Camp assistant director. I learned so much and am very grateful for that experience! I always wondered how leaders could be so sincere when they would tell you they loved each of us individually, but after being a leader I do know the sincerity that they have. I made many new friends with the girls that drove me nuts when I was in young womens, and I can honestly say that I love them and want the best for them.
Bee's game Girl's night out.
July came and went before I could even blink. July has always and will always be my favorite time of the summer! There is so much going on in our wonderful community! For the fourth, we went camping as usual. We took our fourwheelers up to the top of one of the mountains overlooking most of Sanpete County and roasted some hotdogs and smores then went and set up some chairs to watch the fireworks. The fireworks never started and it was getting cold so finally gave up, but it was a fun attempt. And knowing us, we will try again next year (3's a charm right? haha)
The Ute Stampede! That should automatically sum up that event! It is always one of my favorite things about the summer and this one was no different. We went both Thursday and Friday this year and I think we should continue doing it that way in the future! I will not lie, I was slightly worried about the entertainment because the new entertainers had BIG SHOES to fill, but they did a great job, and the clown had me laughing most of the night.

Cherry-Hill, the greatest fun spot you'll ever know, Cherry-Hill. Since the closing of the infamous KOA, our new tradition has been Cherry-Hill and Palisades. This year was Cherry-Hill's go around. Shay was at EFY and I was kind of dreading going up there without my confidant and other half, but it was actually very fun. I was an only child because Jay was working and Shay was at EFY, and it was weird but kind of nice, haha. We went swimming, then swimming some more, spent a few hours at the batting cages, then headed to miniature golf (I tied for first place, it was a miracle!), then went swimming some more at the water park, back to the batting cages, and back to the swimming pool a few more times. Needless to say, I was very ready to be back home because I was getting kind of tired.
Pioneer Day! O I love this day. I rode the fire truck one last time with Luke and Tanner, and though I got some weird looks, it was fun to go with Luke and my little "Boyfriend" Tanner. We spent the day at the park enjoying each others company. We even had a little bit of family luck in the raffles this year. (that rarely happens). Fireworks that night were, as they always are, the best I've every seen. Our fire department always does such a good job, and even though I am a big fan of one of the men that is always up there lighting them off I still believe they are amazing!
Can't you see why I would miss my confidant?!
We went to Palisades the next weekend with the Stephenson's. The water was high this year so we spent alot of our time out there. We ventured and jumped off the rocks, a very scary thing but we accomplished it! We got fried and I am still peeling because of it, but it was worth it.
I am now employed for the School year. I will be working in Alpine School District at Rocky Moutnain Elementary School working with an Americorps reading tutoring program. I am very excited to see how it works out, and it will be such a great opportunity toward my future of being a teacher. It truly has been an answer to my prayers.

My circus has had alot of ups and a few downs this summer, but I am grateful for this summer. I have not been to a circus since I was 7 and the only thing I can remember is sitting by my Grandma Mansfield for the last time. So my analogy of my circus could be way off, but when I think of a circus, I think of the good acts and the acts that some think are hits and others want to boo them out of the rink.
















5 comments:

  1. Love your post! It wraps up our summer pretty good. We think we haven't done anything to extragant this summer since we took our vacation to Disneyland earlier, but everything we do is fun and great. Its great that my grown up kids still love their ma and pa enough to have fun with and do things with. Hope that never changes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun!! Loved your post and your new blog re-do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FUN! I freakin miss your face! I am so very honored to have a spot on your awesome new blog header thingy! I just feel so cool...we need to play once before school starts! Oh and i have some friends moving up to your neck of the woods and i told them they have to find you and jamalama and be your favorite friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exceptional blog! Dang you must be real smart because that was real professional and interesting to read. I liked your circus analogy, especially how you tied it to your grandma at the end! Hope all is well and you have a fabulous year at UVU..... Keep it safe!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just felt like saying I love you... so... I love you Young Lady:)

    ReplyDelete