Thursday, September 16, 2010

Just an update...

Well after 3 successful weeks of school, I have had many many hours of homework, work, and fun. I am really enjoying my time up here, and I am finally seeing the positives of "the college life" that everyone else has always told me about. I have met some pretty awesome people, and I can't wait to keep meeting more.
A girl in our ward has decided to organize a dinner thing for each night. We make a meal for 25 people two times this semester and everyone has their own night. So we get a free dinner everynight, except for the ones that are assigned to us of course. So far the meals have all been delicious, and it has been nice to have one less thing to think about each day.
I am taking a golf course and I was a little worried about it at first. But I love it, (the golfing, not the sad fact that it is actually costing me tuition AND green fees) I am excited to go with Shaylee now that I know how. I am not very good, but once in a while I connect really well and I just have to get super excited for myself.
Hip-Hop! It is amazing to me the therapy and happiness that comes from that class. I sometimes forget that all I need when I am feeling overwhelmed is just some dancing and I feel so much better. I really love it!
I had so much extra adrenaline yesterday after hip-hop yesterday, I decided to go on a run. I have talked myself out of running alot lately because I hate having to stop at stop lights and wait forever until I can cross. But yesterday I discovered a trail that I only have to stop at one light. Well, I took complete advantage of the non-stopping and the adrenaline and I went.....drum-roll please.... 9 MILES! That is a first for me so I just have to express my excitement that I actually did that and I did not kill over!
Well, that's the update. Random I know, but hey what can ya do? I need to start taking some pictures and then I will be able to blog about something relevant. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're happy!!! This post is overflowing with HAPPY Talysha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you in all aspects!!! I'm glad you're finally getting the college experience you deserve. Love ya:)

    ReplyDelete