Sunday, October 17, 2010

Putt-Putt

To many people a car is simply that... a car. So to those who feel that way, you will likely find me very weird, but that is not a surprise to me one little bit. It is a fact of life that I embraced long ago.

I have officially had my new car for about 2 weeks, therefore my dear Putt-Putt has now reclaimed her parking spot as a Juab Wasp under the watchful eye of Shaylee. She now drives here familiar route from home, to school, and back home again. She has re-marked her territory in the driveway with all her glory kicking Jaylon back out on the gravel.
Putt-Putt, we had a good run filled with great memories! You were with me through every loss, every win. Every success, every failure. Every happy ride home, and every sad ride back to Cedar. Every test gone bad, and tests that went well. Every "up north" venture. Every random drink/ice cream run. You shared more tears with me than I think anyone else could have over the past 3 and a half years. You are the only one who knows how I truly sound when I don't hold back and I sing at the top of my lungs, sob like a baby, and scream out of frustration or happiness.

In high school, you were my sanctuary. During the small breaks in my day, going from practice, to school, to work, to games, and back to practices, you were where I spent my "in-betweens". We shared many quick lunches and dinners when I didn't even have time to pull over somewhere to eat. You were my pillow on the days that I needed to just lay back and chill before my head would explode with stress.

The best memories I can think of are always bringing me laughter and tears. The night we ran from a quick bite to eat between games and practices and Kar spilled four drinks all over. The night we crammed 4 guys (practically complete strangers) plus us 4 girls in while we drove mindlessly around town. Just a few short weeks ago when the door panel broke yet again, college students give you a lot of really weird looks when you have to climb into a small car through the passenger side door. The everyday early morning drive for over 2 years, keeping me and my teammates warm and awake as we ventured over to yet another practice. Providing rides to many friends, teammates, and random peers to school, practices, and home. The morning Kellie-Jo and I had to push you to the side of the road after the pump fell out of the bottom. The times we would pass the Juab County line and know we were almost home! The memories are numberless and will always stay with me as well as with any of those who may have shared a ride with me in Putt-Putt.


Rafikki, I am excited for our future ventures. You will carry me through the rest of my schooling, through new jobs, different roommates, scary experiences, good experiences, new failures, and best of all new successes. You will likely be with me for my first relationship, break-up, and first true love. My college experiences thus far have not been at all what I expected them to be, they are finally starting to be positive experiences and I am excited to share these experiences with you. Whatever the future holds, whether good, bad, or just kinda bleh we will be together. Because afterall, all we need to remember is "...You can either run from it or learn from it."




2 comments:

  1. DANG, you're a good writer, Talysha! I love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a cutie. I will miss seeing Putt Putt as much as I have been able to, but I am glad she will be in good hands.

    ReplyDelete