Thursday, November 5, 2009

Halloween (the be-lated post)

Well I can now say that I got into the spirit of Halloween! Usually Halloween is just a holiday that I get alot of candy and that is basically it. It isn't my favorite. But this year, I was down to school over the weekend and Jessica and her family invited me to spend the day with them. They love Halloween and throw a big bash every year (I think, don't quote me on that one though haha) anyways, it was alot of fun! We carved pumpkins, went tricker-treating (we had to go with Jessica's nephews so they would be safe, it was two kids with about ten adults but it was great haha), then we went back to Jessica's humble home and ate some really good Halloween dinner items.

Our "Family Picture". We carved the pumpkin as a team, and it turned out as one of the best pumpkins I have ever carved in my life (if you read my last post you see what I mean, because obviously my pumpkin skills do not exceed that of an average 1 year old.) It looked a little like Mike Wasousky (haha use your good sounding out on that one because I have no idea how to spell it) off of Monster's Inc!

Their family is very talented with their pumpkin carving skills!


Our festive dinner. They named everything we ate base off Halloween, it was alot of fun. And the names and items were very creative! Jessica and I will lay claim to half of the eyeball preparation. We added the olives and red lines! Go Us!!
Well alot of their family kind of had the disney theme going on and they all pulled it off great!
Halloween was alot of fun this year. Thank you to all of Jessica's family. I had a great time!


I went more "all-out" for Halloween this year then I can ever remember going. Thank-you Donna for the great chicken costume. I recieved multiple compliments on it haha! The night before Halloween, we attended the annual SUU HOWL... and let me tell you it is hard dancing around in a chicken suit in a room completely full of other people! Plus it was a "sketchy" dance if you didn't watch out where you were and my view of my tail wasn't the best and Jess, told me that some people danced with it haha. We did our best to stay out of the scary sections at the dance thank goodness because I was really worried about going because I have heard some interesting things about it!

4 comments:

  1. Talysha, Wow, I am so proud of you for having fun outside of Mona! Seriously your party looks like a lot of fun. I loved all the Halloweeny food. You're costume is darling too.
    P.S. I had to set up a new blog. Add me to your list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh im sure you weren't scared of my crazy family at all....way to meet them on their craziest most intense night of the year! Good Times! Im so proud of you and your chicken butt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Aunt Connie! It was alot of fun, and I do have fun down here. I just like home is all. But I am getting around to liking it more down here. Thanks haha. I got it under control :)
    Jessica, I was not scared haha. It was alot of fun. And thanks for being proud of my butt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at my brother in the backround of the picture of you and me outside my house! So FUNNY!!

    ReplyDelete