Alot has happened the past few days involving my pearly whites. About last month sometime my permanent retainer broke/bent and ended up moving one of my teeth. As a result of this, when I would bite down I would hit my tooth with my top teeth and the bottom of my tongue was beginning to feel like road kill looks. It was not a good feeling at all! So I ended up having to get half of my retainer literally carved off of my teeth and a reminder of how HORRIBLE the moldings are. So now nearly a month later, I was graced with visiting Dr. Graff one more time to get my new retainer. This retainer which will push my tooth back into place and then get me ready to get a new permanent one. Well this retainer has caused me tremendous pain and a bad lisp since Friday! But hey I will go through with it so I can avoid another go around with braces! Now at night I just have a big metal mouth and no room for my tongue with a top and bottom retainer! :) (So warning, if you talk to me when I have them both in... You will likely not understand a word I say)
Next came my bi-annual Dentist Checkup! I am not a big fan of the Dentist but it is something I just deal with now. Because I have no choice... and I suppose I do like my teeth so I would like to keep them healthy and checked up on once in a while. Usually I walk in thinking, "Did I do all I needed to the past 6 months to avoid cavities?" But this time when I walked in, I don't even know what I was thinking about. (I think it might have been about what I wanted for lunch...) So after talking to Miss Lori Ann, I ventured to the back to the hygenist (that is spelled wrong huh?) and just sat there as I always do. Being a good patient, staring at the ceiling making shapes out of the texture, and trying not to swallow while my mouth is wide open and two hands are inside of it. (I am not good at the whole not swallowing thing so I always try to be better). The next thing I knew my chair was rising and I sat patiently for the dreaded flouride flavors to be read off to me. But what happened next was miraculous!! Lisa (the hygenist) said, "You're 18 right?" Simply I reply, "Yes." and then the next words out of her mouth made me want to sing out loud! She said, "Then you're done with flouride!" (I can't remember word for word but it was something along those lines).
I never knew flouride was something you could graduate from!! When I went in the summer I was 18 and I had to take it still. So this news was shocking and great!!! Plus, NO CAVITIES for TALYSHA!! Which means that was 2 items of not only good news but EXCELLENT news!!
Oh my heck I think we're the same person! I just went to the dentist today and didn't have to take flouride! Ha but i did have one cavity, what the heck we brushed our teeth together for like four months and you don't get any cavities and I do? Not cool!
ReplyDeleteDUDE Jessica! I thought you had died from the blogging world! It was making me very worried. So I am very glad to have this comment!! sorry man, I guess it must have been those miserable weekends I had to stay without you... I just brushed all weekend because I wanted you to get cavities and not me haha :)
ReplyDelete