So this year was the first year of celebrating my birthday without my family. I am surprised at how well I did. And I only got sad near the end of the night, but it helped knowing that my parents decided to give me a scavenger hunt for some gifts.
My daily morning text came in and I was excited to see what Shaylee had rhymed up for me since it was my birthday and all. Well, she didn't even say Happy Birthday! It was all about her being late and tired and blah blah blah. Well needless to say, I was ready to call her up and ask her what was going on?! Well, she had forgot obviously. But a few minutes later I recieved a second text. And the scavenger hunt started. :)
"Happy Birthday from me and mom,
to start your day off there will be birthday greetings all day long.
As you take your morning pee,
you will find it where you get in monthly"
I found a card that told me I would be getting 19 "Just for Fun" "Just for Dumb" and "Just because they are my favorites" gifts throughout the day. And the clues started coming.
1- "You will find 19 hot things by something that turns on to get hot."
I found a box with 19 candles in it.
2- "Silly Rabbit... Need I say more for this clue!"
A box of Trix :) My favorite cereal.
3- "Your next one is for all the ones you have owned, and they are good. Near clue 1 above"
Gummy Bears.
4- "Fresh Breath is always best, especially when it is really cold."
A pack of gum.
5- "A little something when you are on the run, you might find this in your old roommates stand!"
(This one was kinda hard because I have 3 old roommates)
Strawberry Cereal Bars.
6- "You are so fruitie! Go to where you can make some suds and look above!"
Fruit Snacks
7-"Camping Memory... You will find by a garbage can"
(There are 8 garbage cans in this place!)
Kool-aid Squeeze-its.
8-"You have most likely found this one. Go back to your room, under where you would lay"
Lemon Heads
(Don't know how they thought I would have found them, they were under the extra beds mattress!)
9-"Look in a place where you wear stuff."
(I personnally always wear stuff so this one was rough)
Cake Mix
10-"Where do you go when you are making something to eat? Can of poop."
Refried Beans
11-"Your favorite treat. In your room behind something big"
Chocolate Chips :) Another favorite!
12-"Look behind something big, (clues were mixed up)"
Fun-Fetti Frosting
13-"You have a cold? Is your nose runny? Go blow your nose!"
Money
14-"You silly thing, find something you eat on that is yellow"
Silly Putty
15- "Tic to keep you mint fresh-After your dinner. Where would you find something to cook in?"
Tic-Tacs
16-"I think you smelled them out, go look around"
OREOS! Another big favorite of mine!
17-"It makes your nails colorful,
Go look by your stuff that makes you look prettyful"
Purple Nail Polish
18-"It's where?! It's in by underwear! (Where it used to be)"
Nike Plus
19-"Look high, look low,
Look fly, look on the flo,
Look where no one else will go!"
NEW GYM SHOES! NIKE PLUS GYM SHOES!!


Last night, my roommates and I made dinner for a few friends. We had homemade Cafe Rio burritos and they were delicious, they surprised me with a cake that was yummy, then they kidnapped me to go get more cake at Wingers!
I know this post is getting long but one more thing.
I am so grateful for my immediate and extended family! I woke up yesterday morning with happy birthday texts from cousins. I went through the day with phone calls, facebook notifications, and texts all wishing me happy birthday! Thank-you all for your love and support. My 6 year old cousin even knew it was my birthday, he thought I was 20 but he was close and he knew it was that day! I am thankful to my mom and dad, for knowing that a birthday alone was not going to be fun for me so they made it fun. I am so glad that they thought to send me on this scavenger hunt. It made me even more grateful for the little things they do for me each day! Love you guys!!
P.S I am horrible at Scavenger hunts!

Good thing your mommy was a thinker for the scavanger hunt. I hope you had fun! Not every 19 year old girl would get excited over some of the "just for dumb" and "just for fun things you got!
ReplyDelete