Monday, April 12, 2010

What a week/weekend!

Kylie and Shay came down for a visit, and it was so nice to have them here! I love spending time with each of them so having them here together was wonderful. They embarrassed me countless times, but in the end I had a great time. And I actually had a "true" week of college... Which is kind of pathetic since the two who spent the week with me are still in high school with 2 and 3 years until they hit the college scene themselves.
So a run down on the events...
Wednesday wasn't too exciting. They got here while I was in class, then I decided to skip my dance class so we could hang out rather than them sitting around here for two hours doing nothing. Well, we went to wally world where I spent more money on groceries than I ever have before. Then we made homemade Mac-N-Cheese! I love that stuff and I can actually cook it really well (which is a miracle)!
Thursday I only had two classes, one being institute. So Shay and Tisch went to institute with me. I think they were surprised because it really is nothing like seminary at home ever was. We then decided that "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" was a must see. So we went to the movie, it was really funny. I enjoyed it alot. The best part was that we were in the theater with a bunch of kids with grandparents. So we completely fit in! haha. Then we went and played Around the World Ping Pong with some guys we knew from home. It was way fun, and I discovered a new liking for ping pong. (and I'm not terrible at it, so that helped with me finding that I liked it).
Friday was an odd morning for me that both Shay and Tisch slept through. But by the afternoon, the day had smoothed out and we were ready to have fun. We went to King Tute and the Institute dance. At the dance, I saw a kid I met last semester but haven't seen this semester. And yes you will all be proud to know that I talked to him. I even started the conversation.. I know, I know surprising right?? Well Tisch made a new friend, and after the dance when we had gotten back to my apartment and were all ready for bed, he invited us to go to Denny's with him.. Well actually he invited her, but she asked him about "Stranger Danger" so he invited us to go along too to be safe.
Saturday, we froze at the baseball game but got a little burnt. Kylie and I have a sunburned nose, and both of Shaylee's kneecaps are burnt (nothing but two little spots on them, it is real pretty). Then we went for some Ice Cream to celebrate my 89% on my stats test (normally an 89 isn't something I would brag too much about, but this is in stats. The class that is literally taking everything out of me this semester). And we "discovered" Park Discovery! It was epic! Later we went bowling with some other kids from home, re-discovered Part Discovery, and watched a movie.
Sunday, I sat us down by the wrong people in sacrament and I ended up having to say the opening prayer.. I do not do too well with praying publicly.. Mom and Dad came down. We had dinner, then chilled for a bit, then they left. They are up to something and they think I do not know what it is. But for the fun of it I am following along. I have hidden "presents" around my apartment somewhere that I will be able to find on Thursday (my bday).
I didn't sleep near as much as I usually do which was a big downside. But it was a way fun weekend. And even though they embarrassed me countless times, in a weird way I am glad they did. I know that sounds weird but just go with it. Thanks for coming down girls! Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment