Monday, April 5, 2010

The Cat is Out of The Bag!

So those few of you who read my blog know that I have been trying to decide whether or not to stay at SUU or to transfer to UVU. Well, I am happy to announce that after nearly 4 months of prayers, scripture study, church talks/lessons, fasting, and meetings with school advisors... I have FINALLY reached a decision.
I decided back on March 18, but wanted to be certain before anyone knew. So I took the last few weeks to confirm my choice with my Heavenly Father. And I am certain, I know what I need to do now.
........................................
Drum roll please....
I will be attending UVU this fall to finish out my degree in Elementary Education! Yup, I will be a Wolverine once again. Only this time I will be a current student Wolverine rather than concurrent enrollment.
Alot of people have asked me throughout this process if I feel I made the right choice last year by choosing to come down here. And I do. I don't regret my decision. I wish the outcome of my decision would have been happier, but I do not regret it. I learned and experienced many things by being down here for school.
  • The few people I have met, I am grateful that I got to meet them.
  • I have grown so much closer to my Father in Heaven throughout this last year, my testimony has grown tremendously and I have grown a deeper love for our glorious gospel that we are so blessed to have in our lives.
  • I have watched our gospel brighten up someones life, just to watch her fall back into darkness.
  • I have witnessed that even though I do have a bad condition of SAC (if you are lost, then just laugh or ask Shayda), there are others who are way worse off than me.
  • I have grown attached and dependent upon my phone and facebook. I get so annoyed with how lazy we are, but when I am at school my phone keeps me connected to my sister and mom; and facebook keeps me connected with friends.
  • I have had experiences that I will keep with me, I have learned lessons that will help me with future advisors, roommates, singles wards, and probably many other things.
  • I have learned that I really can be a clean freak. I never though it possible, but I get so irritated with dirty stuff now.
  • These are just a few but there are so many more.

I am a firm believer in "Everything Happens For a Reason." This thing happened for many, and I am sure that later on down the road I will be able to look back on it and see even more reasons that I may have overlooked or been unaware of.

There are so many things, big and small, that I have learned this year. I am grateful for this year even though it wasn't the funnest thing I've done, or the easiest, or even the most dry eyed, I am still grateful that I did it. I am grateful that I do not regret my choice to come down here for this year.

I DO BELIEVE that BYU was not where I needed to be this year, I DO BELIEVE that SUU was where I needed to finish off my associates, and I DO BELIEVE, I DO KNOW that UVU is where I am meant to finish off my bachelors.

4 comments:

  1. I love you. You inspire me in so many ways to look toward the good in all things. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so grown up to me! I am learning from you! You are such a good example Talysha Lou! Love ya lots and I am happy for your decision to come to UVU!....maybe you should pray about USU!! ;) haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talysha, you made me tear(as in cry, not rip)up! You're awesome and I'm so proud of you for being so determined about EVERYTHING you do. You were determined not to bail out on a very hard experience. You have been determined to rely on the Lord for direction. I know you will be blessed in everything you do. You're right, there's a reason for everything. Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You also got to room with the coolest person in the world and she finally visited you!!!! And you made me text the love of my life! And you inspired me to read my scriptures everyday! Haha i think you had to come to cedar to save me!!!

    ReplyDelete