Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I looked through the portal and what did I see??

I am proud to say that I love my Utah Jazz!
Jam is FHE mom so FHE generally will meet over here on Mondays. Well, two weeks ago I had the game on when everyone showed up and, though I was annoyed that they were not allowing me to watch my game, many of the guys were surprised by how much I loved it and how riled up I was getting about the game! Well it was the end of the 1st quarter and I decided to pose an idea to the group. I suggested a Jazz Game, I warned them that we would have to sit in the nose bleeds. But a Jazz Game is a Jazz Game (though I do prefer closer seats because I like to be able to see them without the screen). Everyone agreed and thought it would be way fun. So we looked at my handy dandy schedule (that I proudly hang on the wall) and we decided to try for Nov. 29.
Last Monday we sadly figured it just wasn't going to work, and then my dear FHE sisters called her parents to see if they could arrange anything...
WELL THEY DID! I found out Sunday night that we would be going and I was thrilled! We get headed up there and some of the guys were joking about just taking their ticket and selling it on the side of the street. I laughed and told them they would not make a bit of money on nose-bleed seats but they could go ahead and give it a go.
We head down to WILL CALL to get our tickets and immediatly I take mine and look at where we will be sitting... I look at the ticket, and it says "Portal D" and I'm thinking "HOLY COW! We are in the lower bowl!" then I continue to look and see "Sec. 4 Row 18!!" By this point I am using all that I have to not bound up the stairs to get to my seat! (It took A LOT of self-restraint BUT I did succeed.)
After what seemed like a lifetime we reached the main floor, and head into the arena! And do you know what the first thing I saw was?? Go ahead take a guess... Give up?
I SAW THIS GUY! MY FAVORITE JAZZ PLAYER! ONLY 18 ROWS AWAY FROM ME! I rush to my seat and sit down, whip out my camera (because I HAVE to capture this moment) and BAM, the night begins!Paul Millsap! Oh BABY!
Too bad he is married and has chillens of his own :( Showing off my Millsap-Fan-Pride
I look like I'm missing my left arm, but have no fear it is there!
Kim (gray sweater) and Lisa (in green)
(the dear FHE sisters who made this all possible) with their fam.
Jam, Leslie, and Tanner
From left to right:
Seth (He's a Laker's fan...I almost kicked him out of Rafikki when I found this out), Jordan, Banks (He isn't really enjoying himself, but when they put Hayward in he was excited!), Bill (FHE Dad, aka Jam's hubby), and me. Jam is getting training on how to be a Jazz fan.
By the end of the night she knew every player. I was very proud!

1 comment:

  1. Yay Tal I love how much you love the jazz! Haha one of those FHE ers is pretty cute! Is he your new mr. jack? Oh how much i miss FHE with you and our cedar homies!!!

    ReplyDelete