Tuesday, November 2, 2010

UGH KIOSKS!!

I have no idea if I spelled that right, so sound it out if you have no clue what I am trying to title this post.
Today I decided not to ride the bus back to my apartment after class. Jam was getting off work about 2 hours or so after I was done with class and we were planning on running to Wally-World.
SinceI had just under 2 hours to kill so I decided just to walk to the mall. On the way, I stopped and went into pretty much every store on the north side of University Parkway. By the time I got to the mall, I was tired of crosswalks and lugging around my backpack. As you may know, I never like to stop at the kiosks and today was no different because of these circumstances I had going on.
As I was walking through the mall to meet Jam, I kindly said, "No, Thank-you." to a few different booths. I thought I was home-free, WRONG! I was just about to Maurices when I was cornered! I was frustrated, and very clearly rolled my eyes hoping the guy would get the hint.. once again, WRONG! Well, he buffed my nail. Asked me my name, and then started his sales pitch. First it was the nail buffer, and I simply said, "I would not use it so I have no use for it but thank you."
Thinking he was done, I started to turn and leave. But to my disadvantage somehow the guy still had a hold of my finger. He went on to ask me about what kind of facial soap I use. I told him I didn't really know what it was called, but I liked it and it works for me. The next thing he said completely shocked me because if you are making a sales pitch these words SHOULD NOT come out of your mouth to a costumer!
He said, "Do you want to get rid of it?"
I repeated, "I like my face-wash and I would like to stick with using what I am already using." He then said, "I mean, do you want to get rid of all of your break-outs?"
**I know my face isn't the clearest thing in the world at this stage in my life, but with as much time as I spend with work, school, and homework, a completely clear face is kinda not on the top of my time-priority list. Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to have the skin I had in High School but most girls hit the zits problem in Jr. High. For me unfortunately it just started the past few months and no matter what I do, it just does not stop!**
So anyways back to my story. He went on with his blabber about his great facial clearing soap. I wasn't really listening because I was still trying to get past the shock at what this complete stranger had just said to me. Once he was done and he had told me the possible reasons about why I have zits (HELLO, I AM 19 YEARS OLD!! I LEARNED ABOUT PUBERTY AND THINGS THAT CAUSE BREAK-OUTS MANY YEARS AGO!! I DO NOT NEED A REFRESHER COURSE!!) I thought he was done and that I could simply take my self-dignity and walk-away. Yet again, WRONG!!
This guy then asked me a question that completely threw me for ANOTHER loop...
"Would you want to go out on a date sometime?"
I don't know how to say no and not sound like a jerk, so the nicest thing I could think of was to tell a lie, "I am actually kinda dating someone right now, sorry"
Do you think I was off the hook?
ERRR, WRONG!
He very plainly remembered the "kinda" part in my previous declaration, and said, "Well that means you can date other people."
My mind is now racing a million miles a minute! I just lied, it didn't work. I can't give him my number, he just told me I had a bad break-out problem. So he again asked if I would want to go on a date sometime and if he could have my number. So I said, "I'll have to see what I have going on." and with his phone practically shoved in my face I grudgingly related my number to him. :(
He told me he'd call me tonight, he still hasn't so I am crossing my fingers that he does not! But this has now made my negative feelings toward KIOSKS even more negative. Oh the joys!

2 comments:

  1. Of all the luck!! Why couldn't he have been your Knight in Shining Armor!!! PS -your face is fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha Tal...this is really funny! But I'm really sorry! That really stinks! Hopefully he doesn't call you and if he does, well just start thinking of a really good excuse :) ha ha

    ReplyDelete