This morning as I grab my keys to go and start my car I tell Shaylee that I'm going to run fast so I don't freeze. She then says, "Don't run into my car." I just gave her a look, because duh! I'm not going to run into your car while I run to my car, I am not that strugglesome! THINK AGAIN!
I head outside, make it safely down the stairs, and continue running. I maybe got 3 steps off the stairs when my foot got stuck. I tripped on the ice and slid across the ground. (I was right next to Shay's car.) I jumped up as fast as I could and more carefully run the rest of the way to my car. I get in, put the key in, turn it, and NOTHING happens! I turn it again, and again, and one more time. Still nothing!
I then walk briskly (because running has proven to be an epic failure) back into the house. Shaylee notices the mud all down my front and I tell her I really did almost run into her car. So at this point, I only have about 10 minutes to figure out a solution to the fact that my car WILL not start and I no longer know what to wear because my one work outfit that I had at home is now completely muddy and wet.
SO....
The goobermobile became my transportation option. The goobermobile, whose heater has not been working. So now I'm stuck changing really fast (not enough time to warm up before having to leave) and jumping into a heaterless van to head off. I get going and the heater is actually doing a semi-decent job. Then I begin feeling cold air, like high A.C air, blowing on my feet and nothing blowing out of the top vents.
So now I'm freezing, late, and hurting. But that is not all. I look down at the gas and OF COURSE! The van is all but empty. Near the last Payson exit, the gas light goes on and beeps at me. I was thinking this was lucky, but then I remembered that Flying J no longer is open right there at that exit.
Well I made it to Springville where I quickly filled up and headed back out.
At this point things were looking up, trafic was good and I easily got over to turn into school (UVU exit=not fun at 8 am)!
After that, the day was not horrible but not exactly peachy. I get off work and once I get to my apartment all I want to do is go in, drop off all of my crap, and sit down for a minute.
I have my hands loaded with all sorts of random things and I get to my door to find that the key-code was changed. I wasn't around yesterday when the new code was given to my apartment so I was locked out with armfuls of stuff. I had to carry all my extra crap into the office to find out my new code.
I'm in now and sitting here I am beginning to feel a lot of pain from my fall this morning.
Oh, What a Wednesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment